Welcome to inlingua’s official IELTS Test Center (US050)
IELTS continues to grow, internationally, in both institutional recognition and total candidates, with more than 3 million candidates in more than 140 countries. The inlingua English school in Washington DC is proud to be part of such a powerful and growing international English test. IELTS (the International English Language Testing System) is an English proficiency exam that measures the language ability of candidates who need to study or work where English is the language of communication. It’s the world’s proven English test.
For over ten years, inlingua® Washington DC has been offering English exams and is proud to be the largest IELTS center in the US.
- Our teachers bring substantial experience leading IELTS test preparation courses, in addition to English classes, and regularly receive additional focused training.
- Our highly-experienced team of examiners undergo rigorous IELTS certification.
- Students will use 6 full-length IELTS tests and textbooks developed by the maker of the test.
- Prepare and test at our language school in Washington DC! Our testing center has been recognized by IELTS USA as the top IELTS center in the USA for the past 6 years, consecutively.
Prepare your IELTS test with us! Read more
HOW TO REGISTER FOR YOUR ENGLISH TEST:
For complete details about the IELTS test and a list of our test dates please visit www.ielts.org.
Register online at www.ieltsusatest.org, upload a clear image of your passport biographical page, and select “Offline booking.” Next, you will receive an “Offline Booking Confirmation” email from <firstname.lastname@example.org> with instructions for completing your payment.
You have two options for payment (the fee for 2019 is $245):
- Walk in to our center at 1901 N. Moore St, Suite LL-01, Arlington, VA 22209 (entrance is on the back side of the building facing N. Lynn St.). We accept cash/credit/money order.
- Mail a money order to 1901 N. Moore St, Suite LL-01, Arlington, VA 22209, made out to “inlingua Washington DC.”
- Email us a completed copy of this Credit Card Payment Authorization Form.
If you cannot register online, you can use the paper-based application form (IELTS application Form) and sending it to the physical address above or by email it to email@example.com, with payment of $245 and a copy of your valid passport.
If you are sending your documents, we will process all documents in the order that they are received.
- Please make sure that your credit card form is completed and valid. If your credit card is declined, your application will be rejected.
- Please allow 2-3 business days for your documents to be processed.
- Please DO NOT re-send your documents as this will cause a delay in the original process and/or cause for your credit card to be charged twice.
As soon as your online application and passport copy is confirmed, you will receive a “IELTS Registration Confirmation” email, which includes very important test day information, rules, and guidelines, including the complete schedule.
On the test day, please arrive at the test location NO LATER THAN 8:30am (Strayer University, near Court House Metro Station, 2121 15th St N, Arlington, VA 22201).
The doors CLOSE at 8:30am, with NO exceptions. The doors open at 7:45am, so please plan to arrive early.
To prepare for the exam and test day, please make sure that you read the information for Candidates provided for you in this link:
Viewing Your IELTS Results Online
IELTS releases a preview of test results online (results.ielts.org) 13 days after each exam, though the release of scores happens over a 24-hour period, so some candidates may experience a short delay. Scores can be viewed online for 30 days.
For more information and assistance with viewing your scores CLICK HERE.
Useful information about inlingua® IELTS Test Center:
- We hold the test at Strayer University, near Court House metro, though our administrative offices are at inlingua language school in Rosslyn.
- Official IELTS administrative office hours: Tuesdays to Fridays, from 10:00am to 5:00PM
- Time to answer phone calls related to IELTS exam: From 12:00PM to 4:00PM, Tuesdays to Fridays. Please email your IELTS-related inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org if you cannot reach us by phone. Emails will be responded to within 2-3 business days and in the order in which they are received.
- Official inlingua® Washington DC Language School hours (for picking up results and paying for future tests):
Mondays to Thursdays: 8:30am to 6:00pm
Fridays: 8:30am to 5:00pm
- Test Report Form (TRF) pick-up time:
Mondays to Thursdays: 9:00AM to 6:00PM
Fridays: 9:00AM to 5:00PM
Note: Test results are released at 11:00 AM 13 calendar days after the date of the test.
RECEIVING YOUR RESULTS – TWO OPTIONS:
1) If you would like to pick up your results, in person, at inlingua (our language school in the Rosslyn neighborhood of Arlington), you can sign up at the end of the IELTS exam on the day of the test. If you sign up, you can pick up your Test Report Form (TRF) on or after the 13th calendar day after your exam day–just come by inlingua® Washington DC’s language school to collect your score. We will need to verify your identification (via your valid passport, or student ID, or driver’s license) before handing you a TRF. If you do not pick up your TRF on the 13th day, it will be kept here at inlingua’s IELTS office for up to 3 months from the date of issue.
Note: If you would like another person to pick up your results for you, you must email us to request this in advance. You must providing the test center with written authorization for a third party to collect the TRF, which includes the full name and ID document number of that third party.
2) For everyone who does not sign up to pick up the results at inlingua, your test report form will be mailed out on the 13th day after the test day. (Please note that results are occasionally held by IELTS further analysis, as part of the quality control procedures designed to protect the integrity and security of the IELTS test, in which case we will notify you as soon as possible of the delay.) Please note that it is specified in the Declaration signed by candidates on the Application Form that there may be occasions when it is necessary to issue a result more than 13 days after the test.
Candidates are only allowed 1 original copy of their test report form. This one copy is only for your records. If you want to send your results to a university or other organization
Test results can be previewed on www.results.ielts.org when they are released. Please allow an additional 24-48 hours for the data to be uploaded.
For help on viewing your results online, please click here.
Note : Test centers are not permitted to give results out over the phone or by email.
TEST CANCELLATION OR TRANSFER:
If you want to cancel your test more than 5 weeks before the test date, you will receive a refund minus a $60 administrative fee. (A cancellation request for a test date less than 5 weeks before the test date will require documentation of a situation beyond your control.)
If you cancel within 5 weeks of the test date, you will be charged the full fee unless you present documentation of a serious medical condition that prevents you from attending the test on that day, a police report showing that you were the victim of a crime such that you were prevented from attending the test, or the death certificate of an immediate family member at the time of the test. If you provide a medical certificate within 5 days of the test date, you will receive a refund. Please note, this does not apply to minor illnesses, which are not eligible for refund.
HOW TO REQUEST AN ADDITIONAL TEST REPORT FORM (TRF):
For requesting a Test Report Form (TRF) to be mailed to a college, university, or other institution, please search for the institution and what scores they accept on this page: Institutions and Scores Accepted
Please complete the Additional TRF request form and email it to email@example.com. We can send up to 5 copies within 30 days of your exam date free of charge. After that, a fee of $10 will be applied for every Test Report Form (TRF).